Groundskeeper - Kingaroy
Enjoy benefits including ongoing training and career development, a friendly and professional team environment as well as advantageous salary packaging opportunities whilst working for a respected and established aged care provider.
About the Role
This is a part time position working 60 hours per fortnight.
As Groundskeeper you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the gardens and grounds within the service as directed;
- Ensuring equipment and garden materials are utilised in a responsible and safe manner;
- Undertaking day to day operations of the maintenance department in line with schedule of works;
- Undertaking projects and grounds and maintenance works as directed;
- Liaising with external professionals including contractors and trades staff as required; and
- Monitoring supplies of chemicals and equipment.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- previous experience working in commercial grounds keeping
- basic knowledge of facility maintenance
- basic computer skills
- a customer service focus in maintenance and grounds keeping services
In addition you
- may possess an MR licence and / or relevant trade qualification
- will maintain a positive Federal police check and Australian driver’s licence
- Orana Lutheran Aged Care is one of our nine respected residential aged care services and is the largest such complex in the South Burnett region, offering 94 beds as well as 25 independent living units. Idyllically located with tranquil rural views across to the Bunya Mountains, Orana prides itself on embracing an ageing in place philosophy.
- Lutheran Services is a well-established and respected organisation that provides industry leading services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
- As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
- Lutheran Services operates 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1350 staff and several hundred volunteers.
- Lutheran Services sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete the below personal details and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please contact Kym Zischke, Service Manager, on 07 4162 6555. Applications close Monday 20th August at 5:00pm