Community Services Manager
Lutheran Services is a not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the people and communities of Queensland since 1935. We provide quality, contemporary care and support for people of all backgrounds, at more than 20 locations throughout Queensland.
Our dedicated workforce of nearly 1500 makes a difference to the lives of many people every day. They bring our vision to life – helping those we serve to pursue the lives they hope for, and enabling the communities we are part of to thrive.
As a member of the Lutheran Services team, you will enjoy a great work-life balance, generous benefits, flexible arrangements and ongoing opportunities for professional development and career progression.
Mary & Martha’s domestic violence refuge provide safe, secure, short term accommodation for women and their children. Providing a safe haven is just the beginning of our support. We assist our clients to empower themselves with resilience and skills to actively work towards a better future for themselves and their children.
Let’s talk about the role:
The primary purpose of this role is to oversee the effective day to day function of this service and to manage, lead and direct the service toward its primary objective of supporting women and children escaping family violence.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Establishing the services current and long range goals, objectives, plans and policies, in conjunction with the Community Services General Manager.
• Planning, coordinating and leading the daily operation of the service.
• Managing the services finances, accounts, assets and resources.
• Managing the services operational and business planning within the direction of the organisation.
• Reviewing operating results of the organisation, comparing them to established objectives and benchmarks, and taking steps to ensure continuous quality improvement.
• Supervising support staff in their daily work with clients of the service, drawing upon knowledge and training in family violence and child protection.
Now let’s talk about you:
The successful applicant will possess a relevant Human Service Qualification and/or experience in managing a similar service. Demonstrated experience in the following will be highly regarded:
• Working with women and children escaping domestic and family violence
• Excellent time management and organisational skills;
• High levels of initiative, flexibility and ability to work independently as well as in a team;
• People management;
• A current Australian drivers licence and Working with Children check (blue card) are required.
What we can offer you:
A professional work environment in an organisation that genuinely cares, values dedication and performance.
You will receive:
• Learning and development opportunities
• Access to salary packaging
• Good work life balance
• Access to discounts, such as health insurance, holiday and travel, gym membership, IT and home appliances
• Membership to our dedicated Employee Assistance Program.
To apply for the role, please attach your resume, complete the application form and the questions below. For a copy of the position description please click here.