Support Worker (Personal Carer)
Lutheran Services is a not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the people and communities of Queensland since 1935. We provide quality, contemporary care and support for people of all backgrounds, at more than 20 locations throughout Queensland.
Our dedicated workforce of nearly 1500 makes a difference to the lives of many people every day. They bring our vision to life – helping those we serve to pursue the lives they hope for, and enabling the communities we are part of to thrive.
As a member of the Lutheran Services team, you will enjoy a great work-life balance, generous benefits, flexible arrangements and ongoing opportunities for professional development and career progression.
A relaxing rural lifestyle in a friendly, welcoming community are the hallmarks of this retirement community in Kingaroy. Orana is set among lush, well-maintained gardens with spectacular views of the nearby Bunya Mountains. There are a number of options including residential care, home support and retirement village – each warm and welcoming to make you feel instantly at home.
Let’s talk about the role:
As a Support Worker (Personal Carer) you will need to have capacity to complete a mix of the following tasks:
• Assisting clients with personal care activities
• Providing companionship and support during daily activities
• Implementing strategies for managing dementia and other health issues.
• Delivering activities that promote emotional and intellectual stimulation.
• Maintaining a safe living and working environment by minimising or removing safety risks or hazards.
• Ad hoc transporting and accompanying of clients to appointments, outings and social engagements.
• Using equipment to assist clients with limited mobility
• Implementing care programs for clients in residential care facilities
• Collect data to assist with the formation of care plans and funding submissions
• Document patient care accurately and objectively on iCare
• Modify practice to accommodate individuality of residents and involve them and their families in the delivery of care.
We have a number part time and casual opportunities available.
Our Support Workers (Personal Carers) must be available to work a variety of shift which may include evenings, weekend and overnight hours
Now let’s talk about you:
As our ideal candidate, you will posses:
• Certificate III (or higher) in Individual Support
• Maintain a positive national police clearance.
What we can offer you:
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer a competitive salary and access to $15,900pa in salary packaging options. You will also have access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
To apply for the role, please attach your resume, complete the application form and the questions below. For a copy of the position description please click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive for these roles, only successful applicants will be contacted. We do encourage you to apply again if unsuccessful this round.