Health, Safety & Wellbeing Lead
Lutheran Services is a not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the people and communities of Queensland since 1935. We provide quality, contemporary care and support for people of all backgrounds, at more than 20 locations throughout Queensland.
Our dedicated workforce of nearly 1500 makes a difference to the lives of many people every day. They bring our vision to life – helping those we serve to pursue the lives they hope for, and enabling the communities we are part of to thrive.
As a member of the Lutheran Services team, you will enjoy a great work-life balance, generous benefits, flexible arrangements and ongoing opportunities for professional development and career progression.
Let’s talk about the role:
Reporting to the Executive Lead, People, Culture and Development in this role you will lead the organisation through the development and implementation of a wellness strategy that is innovative and exciting to promote and engage a wellness culture. In addition to this you will;
- Provide high level and strategic advice to the business and leadership team, and providers.
- Take carriage of workplace rehabilitation policy and procedures, whilst ensuring worker compensation process is continuously improving.
- Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to a geographically dispersed team.
- Increase awareness in effective health and wellbeing frameworks and support implementations
This is an exciting opportunity to show case your creativity in helping to shape our Health, safety and wellbeing culture, whilst providing a strong strategic value to the organisation and people.
Now let’s talk about you:
It is essential that you have considerable experience with in-depth knowledge of Health, safety and wellbeing programs, having demonstrated history successfully, developing and implementing key projects, programs and initiatives. You will also have;
- Strong leadership and program management skills
- Adopt a hands-on approach working with variable inputs and diverse resources
- Strong influencing, and communication skills
- Ability to operate operationally and strategically
- And strong follow through ability to see projects to completion.
In addition you will hold a relevant tertiary qualification in HR/Environmental Occupational health and/or rehabilitation and workplace safety.
What we can offer you:
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer a competitive salary and access to 15,900pa in salary packaging options. You will also have access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
Start the new year in a new role! To apply for the role, please attach your resume, complete the application form and the questions below. For a copy of the position description please click here.